Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm from the South and I'm a gangster.

























Writer's block is frustrating and a painstakingly uncreative time where you find yourself in your sweats in your kitchen reaching for your eleventh spadeful of raspberry sherbet right from the carton.
Luckily this isn't like that.

I actually give the credit for this most recent hiatus to:

my really fun new job.
the DI.
the weather.
finals.
rediscovering "hanging out".
school ending.
my first summer without school since 2007.

I often have spent hours sitting against the carpeted walls of the Wilk, watching people go by eating their Subway sandwiches. During this time I would usually do my own version of blog brainstorming, that is, pick something funny that had happened to me during that day or the week before it, shape it in my brain with my word hands, and draft little word strings in my head before coming home to write it.


But today, after less than a month but more than three weeks gone from blogging, I don't have a lot to say about chicken nuggets, or the show I closed with a great huffah, or my fantastical job, or the glorious weather.

What I have to say today is, hey.
I'm around. I'll be back soon enough.
And isn't life glorious?
And I'll be back soon, with a real something about something.

Thanks to all y'all (yup) who manned up and became my newest twelve followers. It made my week.

(below, see me in my contented state after my week has been made.)

4 comments:

Liesl said...

So, I'm pretty positive that we have a psychic connection, because we keep updating our blogs at the same time. Coincidence? I think NOT!

Anyway, I'm happy for your contentedness. I went to school for 12 straight months, and believe me, that was PLENTY of school. Non-schoolness can be nice.

Sarah Lynne said...

I'm new. Love everything you say. Anyone who can do what you do with words is my friend!

PorkStar said...

Niiiice post!!!

I feel the same way with the blogging lately, but my outlook on life so far sucks, ... well lately.

Nice post anyhow!!

Suzette Larson said...

Julie, I am one of the recently converted to your blog and I adore you and your lovely thoughts. haha I love you dearie. Enjoy your free time and make the most of it!